I had to fix a problem with the "Work To Do" which was plaguing the system (it was the new blogs system's fault).

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

If we fight for you

You don't mind if we fight for you, do you?

I went to bed at 5 am to the words of two people I admire very much, and slept deeply until my father called, four hours later. At this rate, my mother will soon be short one husband. I cleaned up my inbox, stopped by then, checked on the chatroom and the various boards. I don't have time to blog-hop anymore.

I really needed to unwind. My back is so cramped from hours spent on the computer, my muscles have begun to seize. I went over to Neil's for (decaffeinated) coffee, and he insisted that I take a nap, but I couldn't seem to turn off. Back massage (Neil is very well trained), warm drink, hot bath, nothing would do it. In the end, I lied down on the couch in front of the Hallmark channel, and was out like a light in under a minute. I should have thought of that straight away. I got three full hours, and I feel ready to tackle tonight's strategy session.

I told R that I missed writing; I just want to go back to writing. And I told Max that writing was like sinking to the bottom of a lake, and discovering that you can breathe. I haven't been breathing too well all week. John is patient, lingering on the side-lines, supportive. I haven't lost the feel of him, despite the tiredness, the stress and the distraction. I worried about that. Still, at times I just want to say 'The Hell with all this, I'm just a writer,' grab John, and take the level risers to the very bottom of Tesaris to curl up in the dark. Wait out the storm. Be selfish.

Then I receive thanks, and I don't deserve them. It's not about thanks. I was given John, and this universe; I give this little bit in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment